Followers

Monday, August 5, 2019

Meet the Kru







I’m Amber.  I’m the mom to 1, 2, 3 & 4.  By day I like to pretend I’m a professional.  By night I’m the biggest train wreck mother you’ll ever meet.  And yes, this is the best picture of me on my camera roll.




This is Kevin.  He’s the dad.  The one who can’t remember our kids’ names so he calls them 1, 2, 3 & 4.  I married this man for his patience.  He’s lost most of it somewhere between 1 & 4 but is still a saint compared to me.    




#1:  Her birth name is Alaryn.  She’s 14.  She’s my biggest helper and kind of a 2nd mom to the boys.  I share this title because I also like to share the blame for their actions.  She’s a cheerleader and honor student but sometimes I worry about the things that come out of her mouth.  But as most of you know and some of you will learn, I have SO much more to worry about with my children.




#2:  Birth name – Griffin.  He’s 11.  He’s an athlete and a self-proclaimed ladies’ man.  The kid's got pick-up lines for days.  He’s fluent in 2 languages: English and Fortnite.  He's a fly under the radar kid - mostly when there's cleaning to be done.  

      


#3:  Birth name – Hudson.  Nickname – Wreck It Ralph.  He’s 6.  He is quirky, hilarious and does everything on Hudson time.  This one marches to the beat of his own drum.  Sometimes the drum beats slow and he just doesn’t quite ‘get it’ and other times it’s beating so fast nobody can keep up with the kid.  He’s unapologetically himself and gives ZERO f*cks about rules.  We’re working on that but it’s a verrrrrry slow process.





#4:  Birth name – Lincoln.  He’s 4.  He’s the other pea in the Hudson pod.  The Hyde to his Jekyll.  Individually he's scary enough. - when he gets with 3, watch out.  He’s my sweet little snuggler but but he’s got an ornery bone in his body that’s somehow taller than he is.  He ‘gets it’ therefore is a little more discreet about his mischievousness than his partner in crime but it doesn't usually stop him.




They're quite the Motley Kru. They make me laugh.  They make me drink.  They have given me every single grey hair, wrinkle and stretch mark and not one of them has ever apologized.  Despite that, for some reason, I've kept them.  It could be that I had too much dignity to leave them at the nearest fire station when they were babies.  It could be that I enjoy being broke and stressed out.  Could be that I'm just completely and utterly insane.  Or it could just be that I'm addicted to the madness and I just so happen to love each and every one of them despite their quirks.     

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it already Bring it on Amber I am ready for some good entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Quite the Kru you have...each one of you are awesome in you own ways! I can’t wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to make my day! I ❤️ It already!!! Can’t wait for some more of the Kru!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dixie needs a photo and description! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right! I thought about that AFTER I posted. I'm sure Dixie will make her debut sooner rather than later. :)

      Delete

How To Meet Mom Friends

I hear from so many moms how hard it is to make mom friends.   I agree, it can be.   But it doesn’t have to be.   I’m no expert in this ar...