Followers

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Big Bro Hero

#4 is obsessed with #2. He wants to do everything #2 does. He imitates him, dresses like him, loves all of the same sports he loves.  He’s his #1 fan on and off the field. 

He brings his helmet to his games - I think he’s hoping they’ll need an extra player and put him in.  He watches him, studies his plays, imitates his walk and carries his helmet just like 2 does. 

After the game today, I captured this picture of him. Sitting back, taking it all in, pretending to be part of the team.  




But today of all days, he absolutely should want to be like his brother. 

#2 had a pick 6 which ended up winning the game for his team. He intercepted a pass and ran it down for a 30+ yard touchdown. It was his first touchdown of his life as he normally plays linebacker and doesn’t even touch the ball. To say we are proud is an understatement. It actually took everything I had to hold back the ugly tears. 

Just. So. Proud. 

He’s come a long way this season and I’m so proud of the hard work and dedication he has put in. He encourages his teammates and helps up the opposing team after tackles. He pushes himself at practices and gives it his all in every game. He spends hours outside of practice playing football in the backyard, practicing his kicking, sprinting, doing sit-ups and pushups...anything he can to get better. He literally eats, breathes and sleeps football.

He has the best coaches and the best teammates. They look out for one another, encourage each other and truly care for one another.  His coaches not only push him to his limits but constantly look out for his safety and well-being.  I’m not only proud of him but proud to be part of such a great organization. 

I don’t know what his future holds but I know I’m excited to see where it takes him. I will be with him every step of the way cheering louder than any other fan - and probably ugly crying from time to time. 

He told me after the game today that this was the best day of his life. I have to admit, this day ranks right up there for me too, kiddo.





5 comments:

  1. What a great day and so happy for you and so proud of him You are doing a great job guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it #2 that ran extra with some kids who were really struggling and encouraged them to keep pushing thru? You are doing something right, momma!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

How To Meet Mom Friends

I hear from so many moms how hard it is to make mom friends.   I agree, it can be.   But it doesn’t have to be.   I’m no expert in this ar...